CUE Board Nominations
CUE BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2020 NOMINATIONS
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for one of three open seats on the CUE Board of Directors, please let the CUE Nominating Committee know by sending a letter of interest to email@example.com by October 31, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. PT.
(Not all interested candidates may end up being asked to submit an application or appear on the final ballot, but all are welcome to express interest.)
The nomination process is simple.
- The CUE Nominating Committee will review* all letters of interest received by the October 31, 2019 deadline and will present a first draft ballot to the CUE Board of Directors for approval at their November 15, 2019 meeting.
- Prospective board candidates will be asked to submit a full application by 12:00 p.m. PT on December 19, 2019.
- The Nominating Committee will review the applications and create a proposed slate of candidates.
- The current CUE Board will vote to approve the ballot at their January 15, 2020 meeting. Final candidates will be informed of the Board’s decision by January 21, 2020.
* The committee will be screening for candidates who know CUE and those who will balance the skills and experience of present board members with those of prospective candidates to create the most effective CUE Board to address current strategic objectives.
What does it take to be a Board member?
Coming Soon: View the Board Member Job Description and Qualifications
A candidate for the Board of Directors of CUE shall:
- Be a current member of CUE with significant service to the organization or one of its affiliates.
- Be prepared to contribute a significant amount of time and effort to further the goals of the organization.
- Have the support of their supervisor for the time required to serve.
- Be willing to commit her/himself to a three-year term of office.
- Be free of significant conflicts of interest which might not allow the proper execution of the duties of a member of the Board of Directors.
- Strategic leadership
- Innovative vision
- Board governance experience
- Financial management oversight (budget responsibility, fiscal accountability, and investments)