CUE Board Nominations
—CUE BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2020 NOMINATIONS
Nominations open November 19, 2020 – Due Date is Dec 14 by 5:00 PM PT
Please send a letter of interest describing qualifications and reasons for running for the CUE Board of Directors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Candidate Process
- Send a letter of interest.
- Nominating committee review of the letter of interest
- Selected nominees complete and submit a full application
- Board approves a final slate of candidates
Letters of interest are reviewed by the CUE Board Nominations Committee. The nominating committee will present a recommended slate of candidates to the CUE board for approval.
The committee will screen for candidates who are actively involved with CUE and possess skills and experience that will complement the current board of directors.
Becoming a Board Candidate
Prospective board candidates will be asked to submit a full application by 12:00 p.m. PT on January 3, 2021.
The Nominating Committee will review the applications and create a proposed slate of candidates.
The current CUE Board will vote to approve the ballot at their January 14, 2021 meeting. Final candidates will be informed of the Board’s decision by January 14, 2021.
Board Member Job Description and Qualifications
A candidate for the Board of Directors of CUE shall:
- Be a current member of CUE with significant service to the organization or one of its affiliates.
- Be prepared to contribute a significant amount of time and effort to further the goals of the organization.
- Have the support of their supervisor for the time required to serve.
- Be willing to commit her/himself to a three-year term of office.
- Be free of significant conflicts of interest which might not allow the proper execution of the duties of a member of the Board of Directors.
2020-2021 CUE Governing Board Candidate Priorities
- Strategic leadership
- Innovative vision
- Board governance experience
- Financial management oversight (budget responsibility, fiscal accountability, and investments)