What if you had access to a really GOOD Netflix-style online professional development?
You know, not boring videos of stuff that you’ll never use, but practical ideas. Inspiration. Plug and play activities you can use in class tomorrow. And from speakers you KNOW you’ll love to listen to.
Well, that Netflix of professional development exists, and it’s only available December 13th through January 7th!
Oh, and it’s completely FREE! Watch the videos whenever you want over the window of the summit, and since it is virtual…you can make it PAJAMA PD! I’m Matt Miller, author of Ditch That Textbook … a blogger, speaker, creator of things for educators and the host of the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit. Every year I put on a free online conference for teachers each year called the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit. Here are the details:
We release new sessions day by day for nine days. But once they’re out, you can watch them (or rewatch them!) whenever and wherever you want, from the time it opens on December 13 until it closes on January 7.
Also one of the BEST things: the variety of speakers. Some previous speakers (whose sessions you can still watch) are names you might recognize, including:
- Atomic Habits author James Clear
- Show Your Work author Austin Kleon
- Kid President co-creator Brad Montague
- Ron Clark Academy co-founder Kim Bearden
- Teach Like a Pirate author Dave Burgess
There’s PLENTY of CUE representation in the summit, with names you’re likely to know like:
- Ken Shelton, educator, keynote speaker, and consultant
- The HyperDocs gals: Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton, and Sarah Landis
- The Tech Profe Martin Cisneros
- Teacher and SEL consultant Crystal Chavez
- The Zen Teacher author and teacher Dan Tricarico
In fact, the Ditch Summit teamed up with CUE twice to host CUE Ditch Summits in the summer! All sessions from those CUE/Ditch Summit partnerships will be available to watch during the entire summit.
Here’s what educators are saying about the Ditch Summit:
It is so motivating to hear passionate educators speak about how we can make a difference for students. It always takes place at a moment where everyone needs a little energy boost. Thanks! — Emilie Racine, educational consultant, Quebec
You DO NOT want to miss this year’s #ditchsummit hosted by @jmattmiller. You gain valuable knowledge from top innovators AND receive tips you can implement immediately!! It’s FREE PD that will change the way you teach!!! — Catherine Day, reading specialist, Pennsylvania
Have you registered? Go to DitchSummit.com to get signed up. (It’ll take 15 seconds … super quick. Go do it now so you don’t forget!)
Oh, and there are free prizes, too! We will be giving away TONS of prizes throughout the summit including books signed by authors, edtech subscriptions, online courses, and more!
So, the topics … what are the presentations about? Each year, I’ve brainstormed my favorite presenters in the education space and asked them to participate in the summit. And each year, almost all have said yes!
This year’s new speakers include:
- Dr. Catlin Tucker, author, educator, and blended learning expert
- Deanna Rice, STEM teacher and classroom supply guru
- Jen Giffen, sketchnote and visual thinking enthusiast
- Chanel Johnson, leader in STEM and culturally responsive teaching
- Merve Lapus, VP Education Outreach and Engagement, Common Sense Media
- Nate Ridgway, educator, author, UDL & differentiation enthusiast
- Todd Shriver, tech integration specialist, virtual guest guru
- Mike Lang, Director of Storytelling, ed.Xtraordinary
- Gina Ruffcorn, veteran fifth grade teacher, student choice advocate
Ways to share Ditch Summit with your colleagues:
- Email your school staff, district staff, teacher friends, etc. about the summit.
You can copy and paste the text of this document into the email if you want to make it easy!
- Tweet about it. Here’s a quick and easy pre-written tweet you can use to tell others you’re joining the summit — so they can too. Have Facebook? Click here to post to Facebook about the summit.
- Hang up a flyer at your school. For the teachers who don’t get this email newsletter (I know … sad) here’s a printable flyer (Google Slides file / PDF download) so they won’t miss out on the Ditch Summit fun! (PS: Yes, you are allowed to hang this up in the staff restroom … captive audience, you know …)
If you’ve made it this far in this post and haven’t claimed your free ticket to the Digital Summit, what are you waiting for?!? Head to DitchSummit.com right now and get signed up!
By Matt Miller, Ditch That Textbook author and Ditch Summit host